Tuesday, March 25, 2008

March 25th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Alleluia! now we cry to our Lord immortal, who triumphant burst the bars of the tomb's dark portal; Alleluia! with the Son God the Father praising; Alleluia! yet again to the Spirit raising. ("Come, You Faithful, Raise the Strain" - Text:John of Damascus, c. 696-c. 754; tr. John Mason Neale, 1818-1866, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 21.28-46-Finally he sent his son to them...
Numbers 19-20-Thus you shall bring water out of the rock for them...
Ecclesiastes 11.9-12.14-Remember your creator in the days of your youth...
Exodus 15.1-8-The LORD is my strength and my might, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.

God's Word of the Day
I have defeated death and sin. Now live in My Life.

Psalm of the Day
You sent Your Son and gave Life.
Out of the rock came ever-living water.
Water to refresh for eternity.
Baptismal water so sweet!
In my youth I ponder Your deeds.
In my age I think on Your Love.
I see Your might.
I know of salvation.
I praise Your name...now and forever!
My Rock, My Redeemer, My Savior, My God!

Prayer of the Day
I give You all praise and glory for victory over sin and death! Alleluia! ---Amen

No comments: