Wednesday, March 05, 2008

March 5th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Calvary's mournful mountain climb; there, adoring at this feet, mark that miracle of time, God's own sacrifice complete. "It is finished!" hear him cry; learn from Jesus Christ to die. ("Go to Dark Gethsemane" - Text: James Montgomery 1771-1854)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 10.26-52-Those who find their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it.
Leviticus 9-10-They brought what Moses commanded to the front of the tent of meeting; and the whole congregation drew near and stood before the LORD.
Proverbs 23-My child, give me your heart, and let your eyes observe my ways.
Matthew 9.27-34-When he entered the house, the blind men came to him; and Jesus said to them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" They said to him, "Yes, Lord." Then he touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith let it be done to you." And their eyes were opened.

God's Word of the Day
Trust and believe in Me. If you lose your life to yourself you will gain your life in Me. Open your eyes and trust and believe in Me.

Psalm of the Day
It took Your death for me to see it.
I had to approach that cross and see You die on it.
I had to see my sin hanging from that cross.
I saw You become my sin.
How sorry I am.
How small that apology is!
How deeply anguished I am over my own sin.
You hang from that cross as my sin.
You hang and suffer and die.
You are separated from God as my sin on that cross.
How sorry I am!
Forgive me, I beg.
I turn to you.

It took Your death for me to see it.
I believe and can now see because of Your action on that cross.
I give You my heart and my eyes observe Your ways.
I lose my life to You.
I lose my life and You grant Life.
What an awesome paradox.
Lose life to gain Life.
Life eternal, Life of joy. Life in You!
Touch my eyes and fill me with faith.
I lose my life to You.
It took Your death for me to see it.
I stand before the altar of that cross.
I stand and adore You!

Prayer of the Day
I kneel at the foot of that cross. Hand in hand and adore You my Savior, my Lord, my Redeemer, my King! ---Amen

No comments: