Saturday, January 05, 2008

Hymn of the Day
This star drew near to the northwest, over Bethlehem it took its rest; and there it did both stop and stay right over the place where Jesus lay. Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel! Born is the King of Israel. ("The First Noel" - Text:English Traditional)

Readings of the Day
Luke 7.18-50
-"Therefore, I tell you, her sins, which were many, have been forgiven; hence she has shown great love. But the one to whom little is forgiven, loves little." Then he said to her, "Your sins are forgiven."
Genesis 11-"Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make a name for ourselves..."
Psalm 5-O LORD, in the morning you hear my voice; in the morning I plead my case to you, and watch.
Psalm 72-For he delivers the needy when they call, and the poor and those who have no helper.

God's Word of the Day
I wany you to point to My Son Jesus. Point your light to His Light. Show the world what He has done for you in your life.

Psalm of the Day
Make me that star that rests over the place of Jesus.
Make my life lead others to see Jesus presence.
Use me to point to the Savior of all the world.
Use me to show and tell what Jesus has done for me.
Let me never believe that it's about me, that I can build myself a tower to heaven.
Let me show the world that it's all about how Jesus came down to us.
Came down to be one of us and save us.
He delivers the needy when they call and helps the poor when in need.
How I know that you have forgiven me much.
How I rejoice in what You do for me.
Make me that star that rests over the place of Jesus.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, may my life point to You, my Lord and Savior. It's all about You! ---Amen

No comments: