Tuesday, January 15, 2008

January 15th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Manifest at Jordan’s stream, prophet, priest, and king supreme; and at Cana wedding guest in thy God-head manifest; manifest in power divine, changing water into wine, anthems be to thee addressed, God in flesh made manifest. ("Songs of Thankfulness and Praise" – Text: Christopher Wordsworth, 1807-1885, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Luke 12.32-59-
Do not be afraid, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
Genesis 22-The fire and the wood are here, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? Abraham said, "God himself will provide the lamb for a burnt offering…
Psalm 15-O LORD, who may abide in your tent?
Jeremiah 1.4-10-…for you shall go to all whom I send you, and you shall speak whatever I command you.

God’s Word of the Day
I AM the Lamb. I have provided the sacrifice for your sin. I have provided the sacrifice that brings life to you. Now rejoice and go! Speak what I have given you to speak. Act in what I have given you to act.
Psalm of the Day
You became real to me in my world.
You chose to be flesh with me.
You chose to be with me in the circumstances of my life.
You chose to be with me in the parties, in the funerals, in the sickness, in the healing in all times.
You chose to be real to me in my world.
You chose to walk this life with me.
You chose to be by my side no matter what.
In Your choosing, I find comfort.
In Your choosing, I become bold.
In Your choosing to be with me I have no fear.
In Your choosing to be with me I boldly go where You send.
I go and speak the Word You command.
I abide in Your tent and seek Your will and Your way.
You became real to me in my world.

Prayer of the Day
I rejoice with all creation that You came to me to be with me. I rejoice in Your blessing and grace. I rejoice in Your presence in my life and in my world. I rejoice in You! ---Amen

No comments: