Sunday, January 27, 2008

January 27th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
We praise you... for our journey and your abundant grace, your saving word that guided a struggling human race. O God, with all creation, your future we embrace. We are called to follow Jesus and let God's changes flow through us. ("When Pain of the World Surrounds Us" - Text: Jim Strathdee, b. 1941)

Readings of the Day
Luke 20.1-26-What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; perhaps they will respect him.
Genesis 35-36-Now the sons of Jacob were twelve.
Psalm 27-Your face, LORD, do I seek. Do not hide your face from me.
Matthew 4.12-23-Follow me, and I will make you fish for people. Immediately they left their nets and followed him.

God's Word of the Day
Seek My face and follow me. I will change you by My grace.

Psalm of the Day
You call people to go with You.
You call us to pick up and leave ourselves behind.
You call us to die to self and live in You.
You call us and make us Your sons.

We go with You and seek Your face.
We go with You and hear Your Word.
We go with You and change into something new.
We go with You learning trust and hope.

You send us to show Your compassion.
You send us to give Your Love.
You send us to proclaim Your glory.
You send us to change the world.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, let me hear Your call this day. Let me leap to my feet and follow You. I leave myself behind and seek Your face. Let the warmth of Your face light my life. Let the glow of You shine brightly through me. Send me and permit me to do Your will this day. ---Amen

No comments: