Sunday, January 20, 2008

January 20th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
How good, Lord, to be here! Yet we may not remain; but since you bid us leave the mount, come with us to the plain. ("How Good, Lord, to Be Here!" - Text: Joseph A. Robinson, 1858-1933, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Luke 15-Then the son said to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you; I am no longer worthy to be called your son." But the father said to his slaves, "Quickly, bring out a robe--the best one--and put it on him; put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. And get the fatted calf and kill it, and let us eat and celebrate; for this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found!" And thy began to celebrate.
Genesis 27.1-45-...but when you break loose, you shall break his yoke from your neck.
Psalm 20-...our pride is in the name of the LORD our God.
John 1.29-42-Look, here is the Lamb of God!

God's Word of the Day
Look! I AM here! Repent and turn to me. I run to you in joy when you turn to me in repentance. I forgive and break the yoke of sin in you. Now, let's celebrate!

Psalm of the Day
Oh, how I sin!
I sin in things I do and things I don't do.
I sin in neglect.
I sin on purpose.
Hear my confession, Lord.
Forgive my sinfulness and save me.
I turn and run to You.
You know of my return and run to me.
I just don't get that part!
Your love is amazing!
You run to me and save me from myself.
Then You show such great and awesome love.
You are truly the Lamb of God!
You are the sacrifice for my sin.
I just don't get it sometimes.
I sin and You break the yoke of my sin and set me free.
In joy I run with You and do Your bidding.
In joy I praise Your name and proclaim Your glory.
In joy we run together in Your Kingdom.
From the mountain to the valley I run with You.
Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
Thanks...You bring me such great joy! ---Thanks ---Amen

No comments: