Wednesday, January 09, 2008

January 9th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Baptize us with your Spirit, Lord; your cross on us be signed, that likewise in God's service we may perfect freedom find, may perfect freedom find. ("Christ, When for Us You Were Baptized" - Text F. Bland Tucker, 1895-1984, alt.)
--- --- ---


Readings of the Day
Luke 9.28-62-"This is my Son, my Chosen; listen to him!"
Genesis 16-"Have I really seen God and remained alive after seeing him?"
Psalm 9-I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
Luke 13.31-35-And I tell you, you will not see me until the time comes when you say, "Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord."
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Look to Me. See My Son. Listen!
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
You show Yourself to me.
You reveal Your glory.
You show me how awesome and wonderful You are.
You come in baptism to me, each and every day.
You lay Your Spirit upon me.
You wrap me in Love.
Can I really see You?
Yes, You openly reveal Yourself to me.
You show up in many places.
You show up at my side.
Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord.
I give thanks to You with my whole heart.
I tell of Your wonderful deeds.
You show Yourself to me!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I give You thanks that You reveal Yourself to me. You reveal Yourself in the middle of my human life. You lower Yourself and muddle in with me in life. Yet at the same moment, You reveal Your glory. On the mountain or in the valley; I give You thanks for showing Yourself to me. I give You thanks for walking with me. I listen and follow You. ---Amen

No comments: