Saturday, January 19, 2008

January 19th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Arise, your light has come! The mountains burst in song! Rise up like eagles on the wing, God's power will make us strong. ("Arise, Your Light Has Come!" -Text: Ruth Duck, b. 1947)

Readings of the Day
Luke 14.25-35-So therefore, none of you can become my disciple if you do not give up all your possessions.
Genesis 26-When Isaac had been there a long time, King Abimelech of the Philistines looked out of a window and saw him fondling his wife Rebekah.
Psalm 19-Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.
Psalm 40.1-11-He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God.

God's Word of the Day
Show My joy and playfulness in this world. A Light has come to save you. Meditate on that Light and sing a new song of joy and love.

Psalm of the Day
Arise and shine!
Get up and go!
A new day has come!
Show My passion and joy!
Sing a new song!
Sing a song of praise to God!
I need nothing of my own.
All I need comes from You and is Yours oh Lord.
You are my Rock, my Redeemer!
Arise and shine!
Get up and go!
For You have come.

Prayer of the Day
In playfulness and joy and turn my love to You, my Lord, my Savior. I arise and shine and go for You. ---Amen

No comments: