Wednesday, January 02, 2008

January 2nd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
What..can I give him, poor...as I am? If I were a shepherd I would bring a lamb; if I were a wise...man I would do my part; yet what I can I give him---give my heart. ("In the Bleak Midwinter" - Text:Chirstina Georgina Rossetti, 1830-1894)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Luke 6.1-26-He came down with them and stood on a level place, with a great crowd of his disciples...
Genesis 3-5-Then the LORD God said, "See, the man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever"---therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden...
Psalm 2-Serve the LORD with fear, with tembling kiss his feet...
Hebrews 11.1-12-And without faith it is impossible to please God, for whoever would approach him must believe that he exists and the he rewards those who seek him.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
You can only eat from the Tree of Life because I come to you. You can't do this on your own. You must have faith in Jesus life giving action. Give your heart, your life to me. In this faithful giving; I give you life, only through what Jesus has done. It's not about what you do, it's about what I have done.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
It's not about me, it's all about You.
You saved me. You gave Your life for me.
Only through You do I have access to the Tree of Life.
Only through the action of Jesus can I come to that Tree of Life.
In the Cross is the Tree of Life.
It's Your action in Love- not my action in obedience.
Only through faith in You can I live.
I give my heart and yes my very life to You.
I have faith that in the giving, You will save me.
Your action, not mine...
In Your awesome Love, trembling, I serve You and kiss Your feet.
You are my God, my Savior, my King, my Lord.
It's not about me, it's all about You.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Forgive me, Lord, when I think it's about the "good" things I do. When I think about the pious things I do. It's not about me. I can't save myself by being good or pious. I must turn to You and rely in faith on what You do. It's not about me, it's all about You. ---Amen

No comments: