Sunday, January 13, 2008

January 13th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
What joy to know, when life is past, the Lord we love is first and last, the end and the beginning! He will one day, oh, glorious grace, transport us to that happy place beyond all tears and sinning! Amen! Amen! Come, Lord Jesus! Crown of gladness! We are yearning for the day of your returning. ("O Morning Star, How Fair and Bright" - Text:Philipp Nicolai, 1556-1608; tr, Lutheran Book of Worship)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Luke 11.29-54-Your eye is the lamp of your body. If your eye is healthy, your whole body is full of light; but if it is not healthy, your body is full of darkness. Therefore consider whether the light in you is not darkness. If then your whole body is full of light, with no part of it in darkness, it will be as full of light as when a lamp gives your light with its rays.
Genesis 20-But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night...
Psalm 13-Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep the sleep of death...But I trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
Matthew 3.13-17-And when Jesus had been baptized, just as he come up from the water, suddenly the heavens were opened to him and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. and a voice from heaven said, "This is my son, the Beloved, with whom I am will pleased."
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I will fill you with My Light. I have come. Trust in My salvation. Trust in My Light.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I yearn for Your coming.
You are the first and the last, the beginning and eternal.
I yearn for Your Light to fill my heart.
Wake me up and let me see the Light You shine into my eyes.
Let Your Light illumine my heart so all can see Your Light in me.
Chase the darkness of sin from my center.
Replace my darkness with Your glorious Light.
I die to my darkness and You replace that darkness with Your Light.
How I love the Light!
In dreams You protect me and guide me.
You show me the way with Your Light.
You are Light!
You are Salvation!
Jesus, my Light and my Salvation.
Send now Your Spirit and let Your Light shine!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Jesus, my Light, my Salvation. I yearn for Your coming. Come and fill me with Your Light. ---Amen

No comments: