Saturday, January 26, 2008

January 26th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
My pain draw forth compassion, let wisdom rise from loss; oh, take my heart and fashion the image of your cross; then may I know your healing through healing that I share, your grace and love revealing, your tenderness and care. ("O God, Why Are You Silent" - Text: Marty Haugen, b. 1950)

Readings of the Day
Luke 19.28-48-I tell you, if these were silent, the stones would shout out.
Genesis 34-...he seized her and lay with her by force.
Psalm 26-Do not sweep me away with sinners...
Psalm 27.1-6-The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

God's Word of the Day
I know of your sin. I know of your pain. I share in your pain and forgive your sin. Now, go, revealing My compassion, My tenderness, My care to all the world in My Love.

Psalm of the Day
Sin, murder, rape, theft, death and destruction.
Results of my evil.
Surrounded by evil and evil within.
Forgive me dear Lord!
Forgive us dear Lord!
Don't sweep me away with sinners.
Come to save me!
Come to save us!
Come and show Your way.
Teach and create anew.
For You are our stronghold.
You are our only hope.
Send me in Your love, compassion and strength to work in this world.
Use me to spread Your will.
Save me!
Save us!

Prayer of the Day
Oh how I need You, Lord! Oh, how we need You to save us. Save us, gift us, send us! ---Amen

No comments: