Wednesday, January 16, 2008

January 16th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Kings shall fall down before you, and gold and incense bring; all nations shall adore you, your praise all people sing. To you shall prayer unceasing and daily vows ascend; your kingdom still increasing, a kingdom without end. ("Hail to the Lord’s Anointed" – Text: James Montgomery, 1771-1854, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Luke 13.1-17-
When he laid his hands on her, immediately she stood up straight and began praising God.
Genesis 23-…Abraham went in to mourn for Sarah and to weep for her.
Psalm 16-I keep the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad and my soul rejoices; my body also rests secure.
Matthew 12.15-21-Many crowds followed him, and he cured all of them…

God’s Word of the Day
In life, in sickness, in joy, in pain, in death, I am with You. Follow me and be cured. Let your heart rejoice and be glad in Me.
Psalm of the Day
I come before You, my King and Savior.
I come to offer the best I have.
I come with my riches, my service, me life.
I give it all to You.
You are my King in all of Life.
You are my Presence throughout the journey.
My heart is glad and sings for the joy of Your presence.
You heal and save me and use me each day.
I come before You, my King and Savior.
I offer my life in joy.

Prayer of the Day
Your cure is beyond any cure I can ever imagine. In death, you give life. Your cure is beyond any cure I can ever imagine. ---Amen

No comments: