Monday, January 07, 2008

January 7th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Holy Jesus, every day keep us in the narrow way; and when earthly things are past, bring our ransomed souls at last where they need no star to guide, where
no clouds thy glory hide. ("As with Gladness Men of Old" - Text:William C. Dix,1837-1898, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Luke 8.26-56
-Return to your home, and declare how much God has done for you.
Genesis 13-14-Now the Valley of Siddim was full of bitumen pits; and as the kings of Sodom and Gomorrah fled, some fell into them, and the rest fled to the hill country.
Psalm 7-They make a pit, digging it out, and fall into the hole that they have made.
1 Kings 10.1-13-...but I did not believe the reports until I came and my own eyes had seen it.

God's Word of the Day
I will lead you and guide you to Me. Actually I find you, you do not find Me. Be careful of the tar pits and the traps you build yourself along the way. I will show Myself to you. You will know Me with your own eyes.

Psalm of the Day
I build some traps in my life and fall into them myself.
How foolish I am!
I try to trap another and end up trapping myself!
I run from the battle and fall into the tar pits.
How foolish I am!
I know that You are with me in the battle.
Yet sometimes I run.
Sometimes I don't trust in Your presence.
Forgive my unbelief.
You show me the way to You.
You light the narrow path I am to follow.
Help me to go the way You wish for me to go.
Help me to come to You by the path You have chosen for me to come.
I know that You are really the one who comes to me.
I know that only through You am I saved.
Yet You take me down this path.
You lead me to Yourself.
And I learn that along that path to You...
You were with me all the way.
And in the end you will bring me to Yourself.
A ransomed soul at last.
Thanks be to God!
But for now...
I follow that Light.
I follow that path.
I do Your will.
I walk Your way.
I believe with my own eyes.
I run to return and tell of a Mighty Savior.

Prayer of the Day
I'm so glad You have made life a journey for me. By the tar pits. Through my own traps. Lead and guide me on Your narrow way. Lead me through this life. Ransom my soul along the way. You are my Savior. You are my God! ---Amen

No comments: