Tuesday, January 22, 2008

January 22nd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Jesus on the mountain peak stands alone in glory blazing; let us, if we dare to speak, join the saints and angels praising: Alleluia, alleluia! ("Jesus on the Mountain Peak" - Text: Brian A. Wren, b. 1936)

Readings of the Day
Luke 17-For, in fact, the kingdom of God is among you.
Genesis 29.1-30-Surely you are my bone and my flesh!
Psalm 22-But you, O LORD, do not be far away!
Isaiah 53.1-12-All we like sheep have gone astray; we have all turned to our own way, and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

God's Word of the Day
I AM near to you. I AM near in My blazing glory. See Me and give praise and honor for I have taken your sin away.

Psalm of the Day
Jesus, the bright Light of Your blazing glory shines for all to see.
Your Kingdom has come.
You have become flesh and bone and bore our iniquities.
As sheep gone astray... As sinful people...
You became our sin and died.
But then...
But then...
But then...
Your glory shone brightly and sin and death are defeated.
We shine in Your glory because of You.
Jesus, the bright Light of Your blazing glory shines for all to see.

Prayer of the Day
Shine brightly, Lord Jesus. Shine for all to see. Let Your Light glow in me. For to You is all praise and glory. Shine brightly, Lord Jesus. ---Amen

No comments: