Wednesday, January 30, 2008

January 30th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Lord of glory, you have bought us with your lifeblood as the price, never grudging for the lost ones that tremendous sacrifice. Give us faith to trust you boldly, hope to stay our souls on you: but, oh, best of all your graces, with your love our love renew. ("Lord of Glory, You Have Bought Us" - Text: Eliza S. Alderson, 1818-1889, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Luke 22.1-38-I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer; for I tell you, I will not eat it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
Genesis 39-And Joseph's master took him and put him into the prison, the place where the king's prisoners were confined; he remained there in prison. but the LORD was with Joseph and showed him steadfast love...
Psalm 30-Weeping may linger for the night, but joy comes with the morning.
Judges 7.12-22-So the three companies blew the trumpets and broke the jars, holding in their left hands the torches, and in their right hands the trumpets to blow; and they cried, "A sword for the LORD and for Gideon!" Every man stood in his place all around the camp, and all the men in camp ran; they cried out and fled.

God's Word of the Day
Let My Love live through you. I fulfill all love. I am with you in prison and through the night and will bring an awesome joy in the morning. Stand firm in Me and let My Love live through you.

Psalm of the Day
There's that pit again.
Sometimes I fall into the pit due to my own pride.
Other times, even when I'm being faithful, up jumps this pit.
I fall into the pit.
Why? Why, Lord why?
Now I know that it's not my good works that keeps me out of the pit.
What's the plan now?
But then I find You with me in the pit once again.
With me teaching me.
With me molding me into something.
Even here in this pit You are using me.
You feed me Your body and blood.
You sustain me with awesome bread and wine.
In this pit, You become a part of me.
Through the tears shed in this pit, You bring joy in the morning.
Through the tomb of death, You passed through stone to give morning Life to all.
So, this pit is nothing to You.
This pit is just another way for You to change me from death to life.
I give my life to You in this pit.
Take my life and kill me to myself.
Take my life and change me into the Life You want.
Set me up, strong and convicted and committed to You.
I take my stand for You.
In the pit or out of the pit, You are My Savior.
Thanks be to God!
Hear the trumpet sound!
See the Light shining brightly through the stone walls of the pit.
Shout for joy and the defeat of sin and death.
Break the jar of sin.
Watch the enemy collapse and fall.
There's that pit again.
There's My Savior!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, in the pit or out of the pit, You are with me. Use me, build me, give me courage to take a stand. In the pit or out of the pit, You are God! ---Amen

No comments: