Wednesday, January 23, 2008

January 23rd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
In our hymns we pray with longing: Grant us, blessed Trinity, at the last to keep glad Easter with the faithful saints on high; there to you forever singing alleluia joyfully. ("Alleluia, Song of Gladness" - Text:Latin hymn, 11th cent,; tr. John Mason Neale, 1818-1866, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Luke 18.1-17-People were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them; and when the disciples saw it, they sternly ordered them not to do it. But Jesus called for them and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs. Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will never enter it."
Genesis 29.31-30.43-Then Jacob took fresh rods of poplar and almond and plane, and peeled white streaks in them, exposing the white of the rods. He set the rods that he had peeled in front of the flocks in the troughs, that is, the watering places, where the flocks came to drink, And since they bred when they came to drink, the flocks bred in front of the rods, and so the flocks produced young that were striped, speckled, and spotted.
Psalm 23-Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days on my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD my whole life long.
Matthew 9.14-17-Neither is new wine put into old wineskins; otherwise, the skins burst, and the wine is spilled, and the skins are destroyed; but new wine is put into fresh wineskins, and so both are preserved.

God's Word of the Day
I have been before your eyes all of your life. I have been here with you before you were born. Focus on My Glory. Focus on My Love. Focus on the cross. Focus on Me and I will recreate in you something new.

Psalm of the Day
I revel in Your eternal presence.
I glory in Your Love.
You welcome me as an infant into Your arms.
You gift me and call me Your own.
You baptize me with cleansing waters of joy out of Your love.
You stay before my eyes all my life long.
You bring peace and comfort when I'm weary.
You bring rest and fill my cup.
You bless me with Your saving body and blood.
You stay before my eyes at all times.
When I feel apart and alone...I turn.
I turn and find You were always there with me.
May I always run and jump and play with You in Your Kingdom.
Day after day in joy and thanksgiving, we serve.
Day after day out of the love You teach, we love.
Pour out the Love of Your Wine and Blood into these new wineskins.
Pour Your wine and fill me all my life-long.
From beginning to end be in me.
Stay before my eyes all through life's journey.

Prayer of the Day
I give You thanks for Your presence. From beginning to end and beyond, You are faithful and true. I love to have You always before my eyes. ---Amen

No comments: