Thursday, January 10, 2008

January 10th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
He came to share temptation, our utmost woe and loss, for us and our salvation to die upon the cross. So when the dove descended on him, the Son of Man, the hidden years had ended, the age of grace began. ("When Jesus Came to Jordan" - Text:Susan Palo Cherwien, b. 1953)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Luke 10.1-20-The kingdom of God has come near to you.
Genesis 17-"I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless."
Psalm 10-Rise up, O LORD; O God, lift up your hand; do not forget the oppressed.
Acts 9.1-9-...suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I know the temptation you face. I came to face temptation. Walk with me for I have not forgotten you.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Jesus, I know how You faced temptation.
You show me what to do.
Only with You can I face my sin.
You have come near to me.
You shine Your bright light on my sin.
You point out the sin and I can smell the stench.
Forgive my sin and free me.
Let me walk before and with You blameless.
Blameless only through Your gracious action of Love.
Rise up O Lord and don't forget.
Jesus, I know how You faced temptation.
Let the age of grace begin.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I'm sinful and in need of forgiveness. Forgive me and let Your age of grace begin. ---Amen

No comments: