Friday, January 18, 2008

January 18th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Then grant that I may follow your gleam, O glorious Light, till earthly shadows scatter, and faith is changed to sight; till raptured saints shall gather upon that shining shore, where Christ, the blessed daystar, shall light them evermore. ("O Lord, Now Let Your Servant" – Text: Ernest E. Ryden, 1886-1981, alt., based on the Nunc dimittis)

Readings of the Day
Luke 14.1-24-
Go out into the roads and lanes, and compel people to come in, so that my house may be filled.
Genesis 25-Abraham breathed his last and died in a good old age, an old man and full of years, and was gathered to his people.
Psalm 18-He reached down from on high, he took me; he drew me out of mighty waters.
Acts 1.1-5-After his suffering he presented himself alive to them by many convincing proofs, appearing to them during forty days and speaking about the kingdom of God.

God’s Word of the Day
I suffered and died for you. I will light your way. I will draw you out of the mighty waters and save you. For now trust in Me and go out so that My house may be filled.

Psalm of the Day
I have been drawn out of the waters that drowned my sin.
I have been brought forth and claimed by You.
You adopted me and called me Your own.
You gift me with Your Spirit and send me.
Send me out into the roads and lanes.
Send me out to witness to Your Love.
You compel people to come to You.
And then You come to them.
You come and grant full Life.
You come and radiate Your Light for all to see.

Prayer of the Day
You save-You call-You gift-You call ---I go in joy! ---Amen

No comments: