Friday, January 04, 2008

January 4th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Come, Jesus, glorious heavenly guest, and keep your Christmas in our breast, then David's harpstrings, hushed so long, shall swell our jubilee of song. ("The Bells of Christmas" - Text: Nikolai F. S. Grundvig, 1783-1872; tr. Charles Porterfield Krauth, 1823-1883, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Luke 7.1-17
-"Young man, I say to you, rise!"
Genesis 8-10-But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and all the domestic animals that were with hin in the ark.
Psalm 4-Let the light of your face shine on us, O LORD!
Hebrews 11.23-31-By faith...

God's Word of the Day
I will come to you and make you rise to new life. I will make My face shine on you and five you faith.

Psalm of the Day
I rejoice in Your presence each day.
I rejoice in the multiple ways You shine Your face on me each day.
I rejoice and sing.
I rejoice and play instruments to Your glory.
I rejoice that You have rescued me from the flood.
I rejoice that You have remembered me.
I rejoice in the faith You give to me.
I rejoice in because You have come into my heart.
I rejoice in the birth of My Savior!
I rejoice in You this day.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You are all the joy I ever need. ---Amen

No comments: