Tuesday, January 29, 2008

January 29th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
The people walk throughout the world together and cry out, "Come, O Lord"; the people who long to claim the promise, God's liberating Word. The life blood of the world is shed in mindless war; and families desire a home where conflicts cease. With all the world we lift our hands in hope to you, O God of peace, The people walk throughout the world together and cry out, "Come, O Lord"; the people who long to claim the promise, God's liberating Word. ("The People Walk" - Text:;; Juan A Espinosa, b. 1940; tr. Martin A Seltz, b. 1951)

Readings of the Day
Luke 21-Heaven and earth will pass away, buy my words will not pass away.
Genesis 38-While she was in labor, one put out a hand; and the midwife took and bound on his hand a crimson thread, saying, "This one came out first."
Psalm 29-May the LORD bless his people with peace!
Luke 1.67-79-He has raised up a mighty savior...

God's Word of the Day
You are always competing for your own advantage. Stop and listen to My Word. Focus on Me, then focus on another.

Psalm of the Day
War and hatred, sin and evil.
Selfishness and pride.
I focus on the wrong things for the wrong reasons.
Forgive me, Lord.
Let me focus on Your Word.
Let me focus on the cross.
Let me focus on the Source of Life.
Let me focus on You.
Teach me love and compassion.
Teach me how to be humble and kind.
Teach me forgiveness.
Give me strength.
Give me hope.
Bless me with peace.
Send me to others to love and forgive.
Send me to proclaim Your changing grace.
Send me in Your name, renewed, forgiven and recreated.

Prayer of the Day
Speak to me through the Word made flesh. Speak to me and teach me. Prepare me and then send me in Your service this day. ---Amen

No comments: