Sunday, January 06, 2008

January 6th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
And this star, as bright as day, that will never lead astray with its message so appealing, is the word of God, revealing Christ, the way, the truth, the life. Christ, the way, the truth, the life. ("Bright and Glorious Is the Sky" - Text:Nikolai F.S. Grundtvig, 1783-1872; tr. Jens Christian Aaberg, 1877-1970, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Luke 8.1-25
-Master, Master, we are perishing! And he woke up and rebuked the wind and the raging waves; they ceased, and there was a calm. He said to them, "Where is your faith?"
Genesis 12-So Abram went, as the LORD had told him...
Psalm 6-The LORD has heard my supplication; the LORD accepts my prayer.
Matthew 2.1-12-When they saw that the star had stopped, they were overwhelmed with joy.

God's Word of the Day
Listen to My Word. My Word reveals Christ to you. Have faith and follow the Word made Flesh.

Psalm of the Day
The star shines brightly on Your Word made Flesh.
I see in the Word how You reveal Christ.
You come to me in the midst of the storms of life and reveal Yourself.
You calm the storm and bid me to have faith.
You not only bid me to have faith but You give me the faith I need.
I come to You only because of You.
You come to me in Love.
And when I see this Love, when I see this Word made Flesh, when I see Jesus...
I am overwhelmed with joy!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, the star shines so brightly from Your Word. All of Your Word reveals Christ's Love to me each and every day. You are my joy! Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: