Friday, January 25, 2008

January 25th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
You, dear Lord, resplendent within our darkness: grant us, grant us your light. This night I follow in your footsteps, but cannot clearly behold your light. You, Lord, must guide us throughout our lifetime, throughout our lifetime to that clear light. You, dear Lord, resplendent within our darkness: grant us, grant us your light. ("You, Dear Lord" - Text: Anonymous; tr. Fred Pratt Green, 1903-2000)

Readings of the Day
Luke 19.1-27-He has gone to be the guest of one who is a sinner.
Genesis 32-33-The sun rose upon him as he passed Penuel, limping because of his hip.
Psalm 25-My eyes are ever toward the LORD, for he will pluck my feet out of the net.
Galatians 2.1-10-They asked only one thing, that we remember the poor, which was actually what I was eager to do.

God's Word of the Day
Keep your eyes focused on the Light. My Light will guide you through the darkness. My Light will take you forth when you get stuck.

Psalm of the Day
How I wrestle with You, Lord.
How I fight Your ways sometimes.
Defeat my selfishness and mark me with Your grace.
Give me the limp of Your Love in my walk.
Light my path with Your Light.
Keep my eyes focused on You and the Light.
Be with me as my guest.
Come to me, a sinner and save me.
Teach me love, compassion and to care for the poor.
How I wrestle with You, Lord.
How You come to me and save me!

Prayer of the Day
As we wrestle in Your Kingdom, give me correction, cause me to see Your Light and Your Way. Lead me and guide me and use me this day. ---Amen

No comments: