Thursday, January 24, 2008

January 24th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Come, O Christ, among the ashes, come to wipe our tears away, death destroy and sorrow banish; now and always, come and stay. ("Once We Sand and Danced" - Text: Susan R. Briehl, b. 1952, based on Psalm 137)

Readings of the Day
Luke 18.18-43-Then he shouted, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"
Genesis 31-Come now, let us make a covenant, you and I; and let it be a witness between you and me.
Psalm 24-Lift up your heads, O gates! and be lifted up, O ancient doors! that the King of glory may come in.
Galatians 1.11-24-The one who formerly was persecuting us is now proclaiming the faith he once tried to destroy.

God's Word of the Day
I come to you where you are. I come with mercy. I come and change you.

Psalm of the Day
You come to me where I am in this life.
You come to me and have mercy.
You come and know my pain.
You come and share Your joy.
You come and forgive and change me.
You come and I proclaim Your glory.
You come to me where I am in this life.
You come and I change.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, Your coming has changed my life. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: