Thursday, January 17, 2008

January 17th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Jesus come! Surprise our dullness, make us willing to receive more than we can yet imagine, all the best you have to give: let us find your hidden riches, taste your love, believe, and live! ("Jesus, Come! For We Invite You" – Text: Christopher Idle, b.1938)

Readings of the Day
Luke 13.18-35-
Listen, I am casting out demons and performing cures today and tomorrow, and on the third day I finish my work.
Genesis 24-Do not delay me, since the LORD has made my journey successful; let me go that I may go to my master.
Psalm 17-…when I awake I shall be satisfied, beholding your likeness.
Galatians 1.6-12-For I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel that was proclaimed by me is not of human origin; for I did not receive it from a human source, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

God’s Word of the Day
My Son Jesus, reveals the Gospel to you. He comes to you and lives with and in you revealing Himself to you day by day.

Psalm of the Day
What a surprise You always are to me, Jesus.
You come to me each and every day and stay with me.
In the good times and through the bad You are by my side.
You give me so much more than I could ever expect.
Your blessings and hidden riches are way out there!
Daily I taste Your love and believe in You.
You caste out my demons and cleanse my sin and heal me along the way.
You send me on journeys and call me and gift me.
I love to go out for You and to return to You.
Each morning when I wake and can’t wait to greet You at my door.
Each day in our journey in Your Kingdom You reveal Your glory.
What a wonderful surprise You always are to me, Jesus!

Prayer of the Day
I love Your surprises, Lord! I love You! ---Amen

No comments: