Monday, January 14, 2008

January 14th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Awaken, Lord, our spirit to know and love you more, in faith to stand unshaken, in spirit to adore, that we, through this world moving, each glimpse of heaven proving, may reap its fullness there. ("The Only Son from Heaven" – Text: Elizabeth Cruciger, 1500-1535; tr. Arthur T. Russell, 1806-1874, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Luke 12.1-31-
And I tell you, everyone who acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man also will acknowledge before the angels of God…
Genesis 21-Then God opened her eyes and she saw a well of water.
Psalm 14-When the LORD restores the fortunes of his people, Jacob will rejoice; Israel will be glad.
Genesis 35.1-15-I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply…

God’s Word of the Day
Open your eyes and see Me. See the blessings I give and the fortunes I restore. Rejoice and be glad. Be fruitful and multiply.

Psalm of the Day
I need to wake up!
Wake up to the blessings You bestow.
Wake up to the waters You set before me.
Wake up and know the Spirit You have spread over me.
I need to wake up!
Wake up and acknowledge before all that you are my Lord and my Savior.
Wake up and bear the fruit You would have me bear.
Wake up and glimpse Your Kingdom here and now.
I need to wake up!
I am joyful that You come to me.
I am joyful that You bring blessing and healing.
I am joyful in You!
I’m awake!
Thanks be to my Lord and Savior!
I’m awake and full of joy!
I’m awake to my Lord!

Prayer of the Day
How easy it is to fall into my own despair and not wake up to all the blessings You grant day by day. Rescue me from myself, Lord. Rescue me and wake me up! I need to wake up and know that You will wake me up and bring me to life in You. ---Amen

No comments: