Friday, January 11, 2008

January 11th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Follow to the birth of newness; follow to the life of peace; follow to the hill of anguish; follow to the garden bliss. ("Come, Beloved of the Maker" - Text:Susan Palo Cherwien, b. 1953)
--- --- ---

Luke 10.21-42-Then turning to the disciples, Jesus said to them privately, "Blessed are the eyes that see what you see! for I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, but did not see it, and to hear what your hear, but did not hear it."
Genesis 18-Is anything too wonderful for the LORD?
Psalm 11-In the LORD I take refuge...
Acts 9.10-19a-Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on your way here, has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit. And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and his sight was restored. Then he got up and was baptized, and after taking some food, he regained his strength.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
See, hear, and follow My Son, Jesus.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I'm so glad I can see Jesus.
I'm so glad I can hear His voice.
I'm so glad to follow Jesus.

I'm blessed with eyes to see Jesus.
I'm blessed with ears to hear His voice.
I'm blessed to follow Jesus.

Is there anything too wonderful for the Lord?
In Jesus I take refuge.
Through Jesus, I'm filled with the Holy Spirit.

I'm so glad to follow Jesus.
I'm blessed to follow my Lord.
Through Jesus, I'm filled with Spirit.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Each morning, I pause to see You, Jesus. I pause to hear Your voice. I pause with Your Word and am filled with the Spirit. Each morning, I pause... Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: