Saturday, January 12, 2008

January 12th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Light shone in darkness at the world's creation, bathing in beauty nature's revelation. All that has being cry in adoration, "Praise for the light. Amen!" ("Light Shone in Darkness" - Text:Delores Dufner, OSB, b. 1939)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Luke 11.1-28-While he was saying this, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said to him, "Blessed is the womb that bore you and the breasts that nursed you!" But he said, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it!"
Genesis 19-But he lingered; so the men seized him and his wife and his two daughters by the hand, the LORD being merciful to him, and they brought him out and left him outside the city.
Psalm 12-On every side the wicked prowl, as vileness is exalted among humankind.
Psalm 29-The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is full of majesty.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I bring Light into your dark and sinful world. I bring Light into your dark and sinful being. I create something new. Hear My voice full of majesty.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, I'm surrounded by evil.
I'm surrounded by evil and wickedness in this world.
I'm surrounded by sin without and sin within.
Rescue me from what is around me.
Rescue me from what is within me.
Bring Light to my darkness.
Bathe my dark world with the Light of Your salvation.
Be merciful, Lord!
Wash me clean of my sin and evil.
Create a safe path for me to travel in this sinful world.
Give me the courage to stand for Your way.
Grant me the perseverance I need to survive.
I can only make it through this with You.
I can't do this on my own!
I need You!
Your voice is powerful.
Your voice is majestic.
Let Your voice ring true and clear that I may hear You.
Let Your saving grace keep me safe in time of trouble.
Lead me through temptation and save me.
Praise for the Light!
Praise for the Voice!
Amen!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I need You! I can't do this on my own. I need You! ---Amen

No comments: